Question

Google Assistant Commands Issues

• 25 December 2020
  • 1 reply

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi - Facing some clunky command issues with Google Assistant.

I have a Beam in the living room and a One in my bedroom, both are set up with Google Assistant. Both devices are also set up with Google Home for simple automation.

1. When directly saying a command to the devices i.e. “Hey Google, I’m home”….they will respond with “Welcome home” and proceed to broadcast the message on the other device “Broadcasting a message, I’m home”.  However, from the Google assistant app on iphone, the broadcasted message will be “Welcome home Alvo” and the other device will broadcast “Chime sound and then Alvo has arrived"
  2. I have 3 devices (Fan, TV and Beam) set up in Living Room, it used to work when I say “Turn Off Living Room” i.e. all 3 devices are turned off. Recently the command does not work anymore, I will get the error message “Sorry i'm not sure which living room you'll like to turn off”

Questions: For point (1) why the inconsistency? For point 2) How do I get it to turn off the devices in Living Room?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Alvo,

Welcome to the Sonos community. Thank you for reaching out and for letting us know about your concern. Allow me to share some information about this.

​The Google Assistant on Sonos devices allows you to control with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers. Sonos voice-enabled speakers will default playback and commend to itself first. If you are prompting playback in another room you will have to include the room name. Adjusting the volume on the Sonos speaker using Google Assistant, you also need to include the room name. Please check out this Control Sonos with the Google Assistant FAQ for your reference.

The Google Assistant can get multiple things done automatically with Routines or simple automation. You can set the routines and adjust changes in the Google Home app. I would recommend reaching out to Google to further assist you with this. 

Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.