Answered

Google assistant cant play any music, keep saying its not available

• 15 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello, guys 

Has anyone experience the same :

when using google assisnant to play music, it keep saying ”Sorry, the media content isn’t available for your YouTube music subscription” but I have youtube premium account linked.

ok, fine, I tried Apple music then, it again keep saying “ it looks like Apple Music isnt currently supported on bathroom”

what I try to fix it is:

1. reset and reinstall the app    X 
  2. relink my youtube music account  X
  3. re connect my sonos one  X
  4. reinstall google assisstant and add google assistant to my sonos one again X

I tried all above and it wont work, so I choose to change to Alexa

the fun part is when I adding Alexa, it ask me to log in, and the page derect me to is a blank page, Does anyone experience the same issue when adding Alexa?  or any solution for it?

I have nearly 10 sonos in my house, and it gives me a really good music experience, but this APP is really driving me crazy. 

If you have any idea how to fix this, please let me know. Thank you for your help. guys 

oh, by the way, the sonos voice command is the only voice assisant that can help music. 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 16 July 2023, 00:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Google has a requirement that no other voice assistants can be connected at the same time as Google Assistant. Did you completely remove Google Assistant before attempting to add Amazon’s Alexa? 

I tend not to use voice assistants, but I would certainly recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Google has a requirement that no other voice assistants can be connected at the same time as Google Assistant. Did you completely remove Google Assistant before attempting to add Amazon’s Alexa? 

I tend not to use voice assistants, but I would certainly recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

Yes, I do. I removed them all, then try to go Alexa, but for Alexa, I cant even log in that page, when I click log in in the sonos app, the page lead me to a blank page.

the blank page staring with https://alexa-voice-service-setup.amazon.com/splash-screen?token, so I assume they remove the page.

Thanks, I will contact them next week

I found that I can't use Google voice assistant from my phone or my Google smart speakers to control Sonos if I also have Google voice assistant setup on my Sonos. I was getting errors like "Sorry nothing is playing right now" etc. I had to remove it from my Sonos app/device, and now I can control it with my phone or other Google voice assistant.