Answered

Google assistant can't play Spotify - not linked to same account

• 29 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hi i’ve just connected my Move to google assistant. When i ask google to play something it accepts the command and repeats it back (like ‘ok playing XXXX from spotify’) but then it says something like ‘can’t play because sonos and assistant are not linked to same spotify account’).

So then i have reset all my spotify accounts so that sonos and google assistant link to the same spotify account, but it still gives same error message. I fully de-authorised them and re-authorised spotify, removed and re-added google assistant, and tried again - but still same error message.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by smurph_id 3 December 2020, 09:38

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

See attached activity log from Google assistant which shows the exact statement that assistant makes

I have the exact same problem and relinking doesn't help. Have you got it working? 

I spoke to sonos support. The following procedure got it going:

• Remove spotify from sonos app
  • Remove spotify from google assistant
  • De-link google assistant from sonos
  • Uninstall google assisant from iphone/ipad (whatever device you are using)
  • (I also for extra precaution went into my spotify account and removed sonos/google from third party apps)
  • Then follow full procedure to reinstall it (add spotify to sonos, reinstall google assistant, add spotify to google assistant, add google assistant to sonos)

This worked. Although it still only plays about 50% of the time - but at least it’s a different problem this time!

Thanks a lot. Had already tried all of the above but probably not all at once and not in your order. 

Works after following your suggestion!