Answered

Funky Issue - "This mode is not available" on Google Hub

• 25 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

I have several Sonos devices across my apartment (Play1s,Play5s, Connect:Amp, ZP100) and also several google devices (Pixel Phone, 2 Alarms, Google Hub)

All Google devices work properly in  playing spotify or streaming radio on any Sonos Device.

EXCEPT my GoogleHub where I love to have my radio streamed with my first coffee and its driving my crazy. Early in the morning I do not want to fumble around my phone for the app but use the convenience of voice commands.

That's where I get the "This”mode is not available on <Sonos Device Name>” while the GoogleHub shows me the Sonos controls on the screen (which does work btw).

Already checked country settings, spotify accounts (it's also TuneIn btw), re-connected all services.

Any ideas ?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 29 November 2022, 12:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @taotsing, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’m a little confused by your post, are you trying to stream radio directly to the GoogleHub or are you asking the GoogleHub to stream radio to Sonos? 

If it’s the latter, and you haven’t already, it might be work un-linking and re-linking Sonos in the Google Home app. You can also check if your GoogleHub is picking up on your commands correctly by checking your Google Activity after issuing a voice command and filtering to Assistant. 

If re-linking doesn’t help, and you can see your commands in your Google Activity, then I’d recommend getting in touch with our support team for further assistance, as they have the tools necessary to help you troubleshoot this issue.

Userlevel 2

Hi Jamie!

Thanks for your help.

It is the latter I am trying to ask the Google Hub to have Sonos stream.
All Google devices in my house do it - except the Hub.

I have already re-linked Sonos and Google Assistant Accounts. I do think that the Hub understands my command as I do get a confirmation “… will stream XXX on Sonos Kitchen device...” and then get the verbal error as “This mode is not available”. At the same time the Sonos control elements are shown on the Hub Screen and are usable.

I will follow your suggestion to have a closer look at the Google Activity and then get in touch with the support team.