Feature Request: Default Speaker group when bluetooth streaming

• 28 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Whenever I play music from my phone, I ALWAYS play to all speakers. It would be convenient for me to pair with one of my Era 100’s and have the app already know I’m going to select all my speakers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Coasterman98 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That sounds like a good idea to me - amazing first post! Such a good idea, in fact, that I just had to double-check on my Sonos app that we didn’t do it already!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Hi @Coasterman98 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

That sounds like a good idea to me - amazing first post! Such a good idea, in fact, that I just had to double-check on my Sonos app that we didn’t do it already!

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Expanding on this, it would be very helpful if there was some basic if-then-action settings you could do in the Sonos app.  This is a good example.  When I play source X in room Y, always group room Z.  when I play source A in room B, always set volume to 20.

I realize I could do some things fairly easily with named groups, but I don’t usually think of that option in the Sonos app, and don’t want to do the extra step in voice commands.  So automation would be nice.