Question

control Sonos group with google assistant

• 27 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Badge

I have a variety of Sonos groups set up in the Sonos platform. I can use the Google assistant to control the music in any one room but I’m looking for a way to use Google assistant to control more than one room at a time via the Sonos groups.

If you figured out a way to do this, I’d love to hear.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @tonyinvineland

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for letting us know about your concern. Let me share some information with you.

​The Google Assistant allows you to control Sonos with your voice to play music, adjust volume, skip tracks, and even get the weather, all through your Sonos speakers.

You can group two or more Sonos products together in the Sonos app so they play the same content in sync. When you ask your Google Assistant to play music, it will begin playing from your default music service, unless you specify a different music service in your command. For example, if your default music service is Pandora, you can listen to music on Spotify by saying "Ok Google, play jazz on Spotify." You can also select a default speaker so content always plays in a specific room without saying the room name in the command.

Hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns, we’ll be glad to assist you.