Answered

Assistant confirmation for light

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello there,

Until now, I was using a Google Nest Mini speaker to control my lights and plugs connected to my home.
I recently got a Sonos Beam and I set up the google assistant.

With the Nest Mini, in the application, when it was located in the same room as the connected plugs and lights, when turning on or off, there was a simple "ding or dong". 
With the Beam, even if it's in the same room, I still get a confirmation like, "Okay, I turn on the light..."
Is there any way WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE ROUTINES, to have a simple ding / dong?

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 November 2022, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Julien J 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t think there is a way, but if there is, it’ll be in the Google Home app settings for the device in question.

When a voice assistant is installed on third-party devices (such as ours), there are often features or options missing that you would find on a first-party device made by that company - Alexa and Google Assistant both. It is entirely under their control, as these services are software that has been written by the respective company that runs on the computers that Sonos devices technically are.

By the way, when I ask Alexa (on a Sonos One) to turn on a light, she just says “OK”, which lasts for about as long as a ding.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Corry.

Unfortunately there are no settings on the google Home app to do this.
Maybe it will come later in a future version.
So I will continue to wake up my family when turning the lights on or off for now.

Have a nice day 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

It the beginning of Google on Sonos I sometimes had te “bong”. Now it is always the spoken confirmation.

It the beginning of Google on Sonos I sometimes had te “bong”. Now it is always the spoken confirmation.

Interesting… !