Answered

asking for bbc radio 4 gets bbc radio jersey

• 27 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi.

I understand that Google Assistant (GA) has been unable to play BBC Radio 4 for about 2 years now...despite the fact that Sonos supports BBC Sounds. I don’t want to use my phone to command listening to the radio, esp if I’m doing something in the kitchen.

What’s interesting though, is that if you ask GA for BBC Radio 4 it serves up BBC Radio Jersey. So, something is happening, there’s a matching process going on in google somewhere and it finds a near neighbour. Does anybody know who to put pressure on in Google to nudge this over the line?

eg. 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 28 July 2023, 10:26

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @sherwoac 

Thanks for your post!

We are investigating this issue, but do not have an estimate for when this issue may be resolved.

In the meantime, you will be able to start the correct stations by using the Sonos app.

In regards to “who to put pressure on in Google”, I can’t be specific - please contact their technical support. The more people they hear from regarding this issue, the more likely they are to resolve it.

I hope this helps.