Question

Arq - Microphone doesn't pick up unless i shout + Google Assistant works >25% of the time.

• 15 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi,

I have had the Arq for one month and the experience with Google assistant is really poor.

My first comment is it only seems to work when I shout or get really close to the microphone.  What i’d consider a ‘normal’ user experience (reasonably loud) command often doesn’t get results.

My second comment is that there is a vast difference between the accuracy of Sonos Arc vs iPhone Google Assistant.    I use Arq with commands and i get ‘sorry, something went wrong’, or some garbage response, or just flashing LEDS and back to music.  I say the same thing on my iphone/Google Home and it’s works perfectly.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @Philimo, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue on your Sonos system, I’ll ask some questions to further check on this issue. 

• When did it start happening?
  • Are there any changes made to the Google Assistant or Sonos settings?
  • Have you tried to remove and readd the Google Assistant on the Sonos App to check if that will work?

Answers to these questions will help us check what could be causing the issue. 

I’ll also ask you to submit a diagnostic report to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.