• 12 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to add YouTube Music to my account in the Sonos 2 app as follows:

• Add YouTube Music.
  • I already have an account.
  • Add YouTube Music account
    • Please use the following code…
    • Authorize

When I click on Authorize I get a pop-up to enter the code. After entering the code, another pop-up ask me to select my Google account to access YouTube Music on Sonos. A last pop-up ask me to authorize Youtube Music on Sonos to access to my Google Account. I click Authorize and I receive a new pop-up with Congratualtions.

When I returned in Sonos 2 app, an error connexion message appear. No connexion can be establish with Toutube Music.

Can you help me ?

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 12 January 2024, 15:37

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Beluga007, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t use YouTube music and because of the authorization needed from YouTube I don’t have any way to test adding and using this service on my system, but you are following the correct steps to add the service.

It’s recommend that you make sure that both the Sonos and YouTube music app are up to date. If they are, then try power cycling your Sonos speakers, Router, and controller running the Sonos app by powering them off for around one to two minutes. You can also attempt to add YouTube music to your system by using a different device, such as another phone, tablet, or computer.

If, after performing the steps above, you still aren’t able to add YouTube Music, then I would recommend reaching out to our support team for further troubleshooting. 

I hope this helps!

Thank you Jamie for your recommandation. I’ve tried to install YouTube Music from my computer instead of my cell phone and the procedure was succesful.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards.