2 Play 5 Gen 2 - I must push two times the play button

• 30 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi, 

Thank you for these beautiful sound system. 

I have a boring problem. 

As said in the title, I must launch two times the music to have it started. After it's OK. But when I come back after few hours, I still need again to push play two times. 

-This does not appear with jack connection

-This appear with Android Sonos S2 app

-This happen when I say "OK Google start music..."

Thanks for your help. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Slim76.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me help you figure this out.

If I understand it correctly, this is happening when using Google Assistant voice service to start the music playback?

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the problem.

For reference, you may also check this article that provides steps to resolve issues with the Google Assistant not following commands, not responding at all, or responding with an error.

Let us know how that goes.

Hey, 

Thank for your answer. 

The issue appear from both:

-This appear with Android Sonos S2 app

-This happen when I say "OK Google start music..."

Support number :

Best

Hi,

Ive submitted a diagnostic and the diagnostic number is 1656302914

Regards

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Slim76.

Thanks for your response.

Upon checking the diagnostic report, I see that the ‘touch control’ of the speakers is off and it doesn’t show that the mic status is active. Please ensure to have this ‘speaker touch control enabled’ and quick-tap the mic to toggle it on/off. 

Using touch controls on Sonos products

Let us know how that goes.

Hi, 

Thank for your answer but I don't understand anything to it. 

There is no mic on the play:5 gen2 speakers. 

My problem is the speakers comes back to jack automatically when I play a song from wifi.

But there is no sound coming from jack, it should not switch like that. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Slim76.

Thanks for your response and we appreciate your patience, but at this point, it would be best to reach out to Sonos Support so we can take a closer look at this in real-time and expedite the process. I suggest our phone team for they have more resources available on their system for advanced troubleshooting, and the tools our agents can use would be very useful in this case, there can be an advantage if they need to remote into the controller to see what's going on.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out.