wifi question

• 12 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Have a non Sonos question but in reference to AT&T’s fiber optics internet . So I have a house full of Sonos and have no issue with my WiFi. I have AT&T’S fiber optics 500 speed, and I can say it’s been great, which replaced the cox cable that was slow and constant issues. So I just got the AT&T 1000 plan ( only $15 more) and to my surprise, the speed is slower than the 500 speed plan I had. I’m reading others have the same experience. So I’m switching back to the 500 plan. Anyone experience this or know why it would be slower?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Measuring your network speed wirelessly is a fool’s errand, way too many variables involved. Measure speed via Ethernet.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Measuring your network speed wirelessly is a fool’s errand, way too many variables involved. Measure speed via Ethernet.

You miss the  point of my question evidently. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You miss the  point of my question evidently. 

Please take your non-Sonos question somewhere else, then complain when someone answers it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I just got the AT&T 1000 plan ( only $15 more) and to my surprise, the speed is slower than the 500 speed plan I had. I’m reading others have the same experience. Anyone experience this or know why it would be slower?

Clearly, yes: others have experienced it, at whatever other forum you’ve been reading.