why is your connection so unreliable?

• 1 May 2024
  • 1 reply

I’ve given up now. After several years of having to reinstall, reconnect or just give up on listening to music when I want to but Sonos don’t want me to I’m giving up.

I’ve gone through several routers during this time and the same issues happen. It works then one day it just does not. No connection, cnnot find system etc. Every single other item I connect to the router works fine. It’s solid.Sonos reliablilty is pathetic. TV, laptop, phone, Amazon stuff etc All fine.

So I’ve decided to gift myself the gift of time. No longer will I spend hours trying to reconnect the Sonos system. I’ll just play it on loudspeaker from my phone. or buy another speaker, I’m guessing the cheapest made one will work better than Sonos. I’ll be binning both my speakers. £100 plus each wasted. I’d sell them but I do not want to open up another person to the terrible experience owning a Sonos will bring. I do not want to rob them of all that time.

Thanks for nothing Sonos.

Anyone on the fence of bying a sonos. Please do yourself a favour, read the reviews on the app stores. do not do this to yourself. Buy something else, something more reliable. A 1920’s gramaphone perhaps.

1 reply

The vast majority of Sonos owners have no problems, and even those who do can get them running reliably with a few tweaks to their network.  But it appears you have made up your mind, and just want to vent rather than get things fixed.  That’s fine, everyone needs to vent once in a while. Good luck in your search for something more fit to your purpose.