Why has Sonos gone dark on overdue Arc orders?

• 5 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Sonos is the only company in the world who makes Arc, Sonos is the only source of information for availability and shipping dates for Arc, but Sonos is doing an inexcusably bad job of keeping customers updated.

Like many others here, I was induced to purchase an Arc on 8/26 based on Sonos’ estimated 4 week delivery timeframe. We’re now at 6 weeks and rolling. I tried contacting Sonos support who offered zero help. I previously contacted the Sonos sales Team who tried but ultimately struggled to deliver any useful info. I’m now waiting on hold again (30+ minutes) for the 3rd time asking the same question because the status hasn’t budged, and Sonos couldn’t even be bothered to send me an updated when my shipping date was missed, or any time since.

This is inexcusable for a proprietary solution. Sonos -- level with us -- when are you actually going to ship Arcs in volume? And maybe better yet, why are you still selling them with likely knowingly misleading delivery dates on your website? It’s disingenuous and anti-customer at best, and it may be fraud at worst.

And before anyone bothers to respond back with the “contact Sales” form letter, can’t you see that's not working for others? Look at all the others asking the same question and DO BETTER!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I haven’t followed Sonos in it’s entire history, but this certain the only time in the past view years that Sonos has had such a massive inventory issue, nor would the suppliers have to communicate under the COVID situation.  Sonos tracking/ordering system surely is only built to track an item from warehouse to delivery, so they can’t really say for sure whether your item is coming in on the next boat or not...I would guess.  As well, there appear to be delays all along the supply chain, from manufacturing, shipping, customs, etc, alot of factors that can’t be controlled.

So I would guess that you’re not getting straight answers because no one at Sonos can give you the definitive answers you want.  If it were me, I’d decide whether I am ok with waiting, or if I want to cancel and get nothing, or a different product that may or may not get better shipping.

Badge

I haven’t followed Sonos in it’s entire history, but this certain the only time in the past view years that Sonos has had such a massive inventory issue, nor would the suppliers have to communicate under the COVID situation.  Sonos tracking/ordering system surely is only built to track an item from warehouse to delivery, so they can’t really say for sure whether your item is coming in on the next boat or not...I would guess.  As well, there appear to be delays all along the supply chain, from manufacturing, shipping, customs, etc, alot of factors that can’t be controlled.

So I would guess that you’re not getting straight answers because no one at Sonos can give you the definitive answers you want.  If it were me, I’d decide whether I am ok with waiting, or if I want to cancel and get nothing, or a different product that may or may not get better shipping.

Though I am waiting for my own Arc order. But I totally accept whatever you said.

There are component shortages for all manufacturers. In April or so, one audio equipment manufacturer that I’m familiar with quoted ‘August’ delivery for a new line. In August they started quoting ‘September’. In September they started quoting ‘October’. So far I’ve seen nothing … we shall see about ‘October’. I’m also hearing rumors that the US will receive delivery before some other countries. This is not necessarily a political statement by the equipment manufacturers because there are some minor parts differences by geographic region and it is possible that the US required parts will be released before some other region’s parts.