unable to use my android music library anymore !

• 29 May 2023
  • 4 replies

I discovered that I cannot use my android music library due to a new version of the sonos app.

I consider this as a severe regression of the service I had from Sonos and will certainly change my audio system. A real shame !!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

YAT.

Yes, just arrived here as I was trying and could no longer do it. It is a disgraceful regression. I bought speakers to play music. I checked I could play my own music library when I purchased 3 months ago, and now I can’t. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Yes, just arrived here as I was trying and could no longer do it. It is a disgraceful regression. I bought speakers to play music. I checked I could play my own music library when I purchased 3 months ago, and now I can’t. 

You still can play your own music, but not from that  device. 

Perhaps a class action suit against Google, who is closing the availability of Sonos to access the data?

I don’t think there was any success in such a thing against Apple, when they turned off access for us iOS users. 

Sonos is beholden in some ways to the vagaries of these OS makers. If Apple or Google choose to change the operating system, Sonos is forced to make a corresponding change in their software. Sonos unfortunately can’t control these larger companies.