Skip to main content

terrible customer service

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Sonos customer service is pathetic. Fourth time I’m trying to reach them.  They always claim between 30 and 55 minute wait time. When It’s that long, they don’t have a call back queue option!!?   Really?  

but it gets worse- each time they never come on the phone. Right now the queue was to be 30 minutes but I’ve been on hold for 57 minutes and counting.  It doesn’t matter if you call them different days or times of day.  It’s the same. So don’t hang up- again?  There’s nothing one can do! 

they should be ashamed of themselves.  I’m never buying another product from them again.  And they have the nerve to try to sell me an arc from a recording as I wait for them to pick up on a tech issue. Uggh. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Jamesminu 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, apologies for the delay.

I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your experience when calling our support lines. The estimated waiting time can only ever be that - estimated. We have no way of knowing how long each call will take, and therefore can only guess at when a particular call will be answered - the fact that your call was not answered in time only demonstrates that the agents were trying their best to help those customers who were in front of you in the queue. I’m sure if you did speak to an agent and they said they were going to hang up on you in favour of the next person in the queue, you’d be rightfully livid.

There normally is a call-back option, but we had to disable it due to our agents not having enough time in the day to finish incoming calls and start making out-going calls. Again, it would be worse to say we would call you back, and then not do so.

I hope this goes some small way to explaining why your support experience wasn’t as expected, but I will pass your feedback on nonetheless.

Totally agree - an hour hold time to connect with customer service?  Brutal.  I’m spending the hour looking at other systems to buy.

Although it could look ugly, I think that a histogram showing historic wait times would be useful. Overall, I think that this would even out the times over the course of a day. Callers could avoid the peak times.