Skip to main content

Sonos Windows App v16.3 (S2) Keeps clearing queue

• 27 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Greetings,

Ever since this update my queue keeps being cleared. At first I felt was an anomaly - rebooted and all appeared to work fine. However, if I put the system to sleep and come back later the queue has been cleared. (I would have say 400 songs - and it is on song 20). Very annoying since these are music shows that are each 2hrs - and now I cannot remember the last nor where I was in the song.

Anyahoo I now check everyday for a new update to see if this queue problem has been resolved. 

Funny thing is - based on 40y+ of working with computers, I have never seen such a featureless app updated as much as this. And this last update now has rendered it almost useless.

Sadly I am stuck using this app to play music onto the Sonos pair. One problem I have with the Sonos pairing is that from my PoV - there is no “singular point” to connect to - to reach the pair. With various music players they force you (via uPNP) to choose an IP but when you play music - only one speaker works. It would be nice if you talk to a single IP - and the backend sees them paired to play in a pair. In lieu of that - again if a new IP was generated for the PAIR then I could connect to that IP.

Thanks

V16.3

S2

Build 80155014

1 reply

Resolved with update but not seeing any change in the ABOUT

V16.3

Sonos OS: S2

Build: 80155014

There is this per device but … I never recorded that before.

Version: 16.3.1 (build 80155240)