Sonos will not play complete song

• 29 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I updated Sonos just prior to 2/9/24.  About a day later when I had time to listen to music, I noticed many of the songs would not complete before jumping to the next song in the queue.  In addition, I could not select the speakers I wanted to use.  I contacted support, they did diagnostics, promised an email, I made several follow-up calls to support and they kept promising a resolution would be sent by email.  I have contacted them 5 times since 2/9/24 and to date I have received no resolution.  I have rebooted the entire system and updated my music library too many times to count.  What do I do when Sonos will not give me the promised resolution to this problem?  I have 7 speakers in total.  

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ntimid8r51 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

Apologies for the lack of communication - I eventually found your case, but it was not easy as it had the wrong email address tagged to it (a version of yours, but with a typo). This certainly explains why you did not receive a reply! I’ve asked the last person involved on your case to re-open it and get in touch with you once more - this time, with the correct email. Please note, however, that they were not working when I sent them a message, so I’ll keep an eye on things and get someone else involved if this person turns out to be on vacation or some such.

I hope this helps, and our apologies again.

Thank you for your reply.  I am actually worse off now than I was when that case was created.  And, yes, I have my Case (redacted) and I referenced on every call, chat and the hard copy letter I sent to the main office.  I am not sure I believe your story about the incorrect email address in view of the fact that I have contacted SONOS 5 times regarding this issue.  As of this morning I am unable to update the music library.

Moderator edit: removed case number  

2/9/24

Spoke with Janine and then Camilla and then Katrina.  

Confirmation #redacted

2/10/24

Again, songs will not complete before going to the next item in queue.  Speaker labels do not match up to where the music plays.  On Chat with Jomar Aevo who insisted I would get an email from support regarding resolution to this problem.  

2/13/24

No email despite the promise from Jomar.  

4:08 PM Juan transferred me to Daniel who claimed I would hear from a supervisor.  

2/16/24

No contact from Sonos.  

12:53 PM called Sonos and whoever answered hung up.  

1:04 PM called back and spoke with Michael.  Michael insisted no one else could speak with me despite repeated requests from me.  He said I would be sent a link with a resolution to the problem. 

1:32 PM call ended.  

SUMMARY

1) speakers connections are incorrect (ex. Dining Room speaker might mean Hallway speakers comes on)

2) songs do not complete before moving to next item in queue

3) at times music bounces from one speaker to another for no known reason

4  music library will not update

Moderator edit: removed diagnostics number

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ntimid8r51 

The case which you referenced (I removed the number from your post above as case numbers should not be made public) is the one that had the typo in the email. I assume that as you were referencing the case number when getting in touch, this is why the email mistake was not noticed. The case history goes back to the 9th of Feb, so the fact of the email address being wrong does indeed explain why you didn’t get an email after any of the above-listed phone calls.

I can only apologise again on behalf of my US colleagues and assure you that someone will be in touch - to your correct email - soon.

Well, I can only add that they could have called me.  They have all my information . . .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ntimid8r51 

I understand - and sympathise - but I guess an assumption was made that you were receiving your emails.

On the subject, please check your emails - I believe you have now been resent an email by my colleague.

Corry, I have searched my emails AND my junk folder.  There is NOTHING from SONOS except for the notifications that I have a reply in the Community forum.  I feel like I am being jerked around.  This has been going on now since February 9.  Is there some reason you all can’t post the response on this site?  Or call me?  I mean what is the big deal?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ntimid8r51 

Apologies once again! Although I have changed the contact details on your case to the correct one, it seems that email was still set to send to the typo email - I’m not sure why this is, but I will certainly now DM you with the content of that email, while also seeing what I can do to rectify things so that this does not happen again.