Sonos must use cheap batteries (RANT)

• 30 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
  • Contributor II
  • 6 replies

My 6 moth old move and 1.5 year old roam have died within 2 weeks of each other.  No lights, will not power up, went through all the procedures, swapped multiple cables and chargers and nothing.  The move did report depleted battery in the app during its last day before the battery completely went out.

I probably only used the move a half dozen times and it sat on it’s base charger 99% of the time.

I just can’t see investing again into the battery powered products Sonos puts out.  Premium prices for non durable products.  I have a 6 year old oontz angle that i got for under 20 bucks and it still works fine.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my 2 Sonos amps and they have been rock solid and probably one of the best investments I have made.  I still smile every time I put them on.

I just am frustrated and disappointed with the lack of quality of the move and roam.  Now I have to deal with the warranty return, not a biggie but just another hour I would rater spend doing something else.

When it comes to battery speakers, might want to check other options.

Sorry, just upset with these speakers, wanted to use them now, but used my time to post this rant because they are unusable.

This has frustrated me so much, I can”t even spell Sonos in the title correctly

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Sjar 

Thanks for your feedback - it’s very important to us. I’m sorry to hear you have the bad luck of having issues with both of your portable Sonos product’s batteries!

Sorry, just upset with these speakers, wanted to use them now, but used my time to post this rant because they are unusable.

No apology needed - not from you, anyway. To you, yes. Apologies!

This has frustrated me so much, I can”t even spell Sonos in the title correctly

Corrected.

I have same issue with 2 of my Roams.  Is there battery exchange kit or service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @GAIA_1975 

If a battery fault is confirmed, we’ll replace the whole unit for you - shipping will be free.