Sonos App: Mac App Store Request

• 21 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Requesting the Sonos Mac app be added to the Apple Mac App Store. I’m aware the Mac app can be download directly, but requesting it be added to the App Store as well.

It would be much easier to keep up with the frequent updates if users could delegate that to the App Store instead of having to manually apply them.

This would also likely decrease inbound customer support tickets, as more users would have an up-to-date version. There are also a lot of unsupported 3rd party Sonos apps on the App Store which are likely also creating support tickets. And I suspect many users don’t even know about the Mac app.

You’ve got frequent deployments, why not make it easy to take advantage of them?

1 reply

Unlikely to happen, since the desktop apps, both MacOS and Windows, are in maintenance mode at this point, stripped of all setup options, and getting bug fixes only. 

Once I resolved the permissions to the necessary file, I’ve been successful in updating from within the app, without needing to go to anywhere else to download a fresh copy.