Sonos app - loss of functionality

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

The new SONOS app is horrible.  I cannot believe it has been released without the Alarm function!!  I can live with all the other removals but for DAILY ALARMS people use to wake up to go to work SONOS did not believe were basic or important enough to include in their new, “better” app.

This is treating loyal, some might say long-suffering, users spending significant amounts of money on their high priced equipment with disdain.  I am SO upset with SONOS for doing this.

Their recommendation to just go use another computer (Windows or Mac) to do this assumes everyone has a computer to do that on.  Most people don’t, and those that do it may be a work computer locked down and unable to sort this.

What if I had an alarm set for 5am and now every day I have to wake up at 5am because SONOS hate their customers?  This is RUBBISH!!!  

As for the rest of it, like removing sleep timers, Android widgets, volume controls, etc. again, it treats SONOS CUSTOMERS like rubbish.

SONOS - give us the ability to re-install the old app so we can at least manage the daily life tasks like waking up to go to work whilst you sort out your crappy UAT processes.

2 replies

Userlevel 3

I totally agree with this post. How ridiculous to remove one of the most useful features. As a shift worker I have several pre set alarms that I activate when I require them now I’ve got to dig out an old clock radio and reset it every time I get to the end of each shift rotation.

SONOS you need to sort this out NOW .

stop trying to be clever and think about what you’re customers need .

It's ridiculous. Either roll back or fix asap. Also my speakers turn on and off randomly - and never did before. (Though to be fair, the old app was clunky and hard to use).