Answered

shipping to Canary Islands Spain - Customs clearance

• 22 November 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello everybody, I’m trying to get in touch with customer Support on the phone, unsuccssfully so far. How can I claim back VAT charged singe customs will charge me again taxes on the Canary Islands?

thank you for your time, best regards

icon

Best answer by Jamie A 28 November 2022, 10:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Unless someone with Canary Islands purchase experience happens to stop by here, your best approach would be to contact SONOS Sales.

Hi Buzz, thank you so much. How do I resch out to them? The phone does not get picked up neither the chat..

Go to “Find a Store”. There is a dealer  in the Canary Islands.

But the purchase I made it online on Sonos Web directly, I did not buy it from a reseller. Thank you anyways Buzz :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Good tune, welcome to the Sonos Community!

As Buzz has said, contacting our sales team would be the best way to discuss any questions about ordering to Canary Island or questions about VAT. The sales phone lines are likely busy due to the ongoing Black Friday sales. I’d suggest you keep trying to ring them, calling in the middle of the day will be the best time to get through to someone, as the lines are quite busy when the open and just before they close.

For getting a VAT refund, you could either contact our sales team after the order has shipped and provide them with your order number, or you can reach out to your local government to claim it back. I know the UK have to claim VAT from the government, but this could be different for Canary Island orders.

I hope this information helps!

Hi @Jamie A thank you so much for your help there. I did get through ringing the line on the Spanish Sonos help site, after 45min on the phone which the call somehow ended up calling Sonos US, the guy said that they can only help on orders from US or Canada since their system don’t support Europe orders..he gave a UK number to try..I love Sonos products I really do, but postsales is just awful. I don’t think Canaries Customs will help there, they charged what actually applies for import taxes, it should be Sonos Europe to give VAT back. As I’ve paid twice on taxes. Thank you again! I’ll try to look for UK support and see if they can help me for Spanish orders.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Good tune,

I’m sorry to hear about the experience you’ve had trying to get through to the team, I’m not sure why the Spanish number would link you to a US agent, but I’m happy to hear you have the UK number to call for assistance. I can only really put the queue times down to it being the sale period and a lot of people calling in about it.

The UK sales team deals with EMEA orders, so they’ll be able to assist in your query and help you get the VAT refunded.

Hopefully they’re able to get this resolved for you!

Hi Jamie,

Thank u so much. UK team did help me out.

thanks,