Answered

S1 problems

• 5 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +2
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 9 replies

Since i is both legacy and current models in my home, I use the S1 controller app. Lately, however,  I've been encountering some issues with my Sonos system, and I wonder if this has to do with using S1. The issues I encounter are:

1. Play 5 gen 1 units can no longer access my NAS Music Library. But, if I play my library through, say a One or Move, then group the Play 5 units with it afterwards, then okay it works. 

2. Date and Time settings can not be set anymore. Even after checking "Select Time from Internet", this setting is not saved. Consequently, Alarm settings don't work. 

3. When playing a song from my NAS Music Library, the subsequent song plays but continues to show the previous title, album cover. To show details of the current song that's playing,  I have to close the app and reopen.

I wonder if support for S1 is no longer 100% to slowly push users towards ditching their legacy units and replace them with new models?

icon

Best answer by controlav 5 March 2024, 13:45

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

#3 is a local network problem: UPnP events are not making it from the speaker to the app.

Given that I would surmise #1 and #2 are also local network related (though much rarer problems), so please tell us more about your local network hardware.