Nonexistent customer service?

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

What has happened to customer service?  I am trying to get a credit back and I am told just to e-mail with a 7 DAY turnaround and over an HOUR hold time  7 days takes me past my returns period.  I am debating returning and rebuying which is absolutely ridiculous. How can Sonos not get a better support system and maybe some automation?  It is a few hundred dollars here so nothing tiny.  

Update:  Finally got through and the support gentlemen was very polite.  Still do not think it should remotely be that much of a pain to get a price credit.  I am in a free return period and the price is lower.  I do wonder how many times Sonos has had to eat return shipping for a rebuy.  they act like it is an exception to match a price.  I bet it is a substantial amount that they would save by making it easier.  There needs to be a better way.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mattmik 

Thanks for your post!

It is a very busy time of year for us, but I am sorry to hear that you had such a hard time getting in touch with our sales team. Thanks for the feedback, and I’m glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @mattmik 

Thanks for your post!

It is a very busy time of year for us, but I am sorry to hear that you had such a hard time getting in touch with our sales team. Thanks for the feedback, and I’m glad to hear you got it all sorted out.

I understand that, but isn’t it a normal business practice to staff up if a busy time is expected instead of punishing the consumer?  I still feel like a 7 day turn time for e-mails or an hour wait is unacceptable in this day and age.  There should either be better systems to deal with smaller problems or additional staff (automatic callback maybe). In my mind, a price adjustment should be a 5 minute chat ordeal, not an hour wasted sitting on hold.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @mattmik 

All feedback - positive or negative - is important to us and I have passed your feedback along to the relevant department. Thank you.