Question

New App requires more clicking, not less

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

On another thread, I mentioned that on the new app, I could no longer see the battery charge percentage for my two Sonos Roams. This used to be visible on the speaker tab as soon as you brought up your list of speakers. So, one click from whatever other tab you were on.

I did just locate this on the new app. I had to click on the systems icon in the upper right hand corner. Then I had to click to select one of the Roam speakers. Then I had to click one more time on a line under the heading Products that showed a battery icon. That finally showed me the battery percentage, but only for that device. So, three clicks to get to that. If I wanted to check the charge on my other Roam device, I had to click twice to back out of the first one,  then click twice more to get to the charge screen for the second one. Then it takes three more clicks to get back to the Home Screen. So far I haven’t found any direct way to go back there. 

This was so much quicker and simpler using tabs.

I hope at least that the battery percentage can be returned to the page that shows the list of all your speakers, so you can at least check multiple devices at the same time.

This is just one example, but there are many other items that were easy to access on the old app, and are now buried several layers deep. 

At the very least, it would be helpful to create a link on every screen which would immediately take you back to the Home Screen.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @Trad99

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll forward this thread along to the relevant team as I agree that having the battery percentage showing on the system page again would improve the current user experience.

Regarding a quick way to get back to the home page, you can tap on the SONOS logo in the top left corner instead of the back arrow which will take you right to the home page instead of going back one page.

If you have any further suggestions or feedback, please let us know. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Trad99

Thank you for the feedback, I’ll forward this thread along to the relevant team as I agree that having the battery percentage showing on the system page again would improve the current user experience.

Regarding a quick way to get back to the home page, you can tap on the SONOS logo in the top left corner instead of the back arrow which will take you right to the home page instead of going back one page.

If you have any further suggestions or feedback, please let us know. 

Thanks Jamie! I just tried clicking on the Sonos logo to get back to the Home Screen, and that works fine. I’m happy to know about that shortcut, and appreciate that you pointed that out. 

Thank you also for passing on the message about the battery percentage, and I hope to see that return to the speaker system page.

Badge

I can’t for the life of me find out how to see the battery life of my roam. Where do you find that? I’m sure it’s there somewhere, but it definitely doesn’t seem intuitive. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

I can’t for the life of me find out how to see the battery life of my roam. Where do you find that? I’m sure it’s there somewhere, but it definitely doesn’t seem intuitive. 

• click on the systems icon in the upper right corner of the Home Screen, then
  • click on your Roam speaker in the list of speakers, then
  • click on the line under the heading Products that shows a battery icon
Badge

Thanks. I found it, but it needed a reboot of my roam (not the app, the device itself). Which was weird, because it seemed to be working fine and playing a stream at the time. There must be a bug in there somewhere. 

It just wasn’t showing up in the app at all before the reboot.