Need to be able to create Groups for alarms and able to add group to alarm.

• 15 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Current groups setup for alarms is ridiculous. If there is a reason that Sonos can't set up alarms with groups attached, please let us know. Thx

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @SSFallCity 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I gather that you would like to be able to set an alarm to go off on a saved group, rather than the current way which would be to check “include grouped rooms” when setting the alarm and to group the speakers prior to the alarm going off?

Thank you - I've marked this thread as a feature request and it will be seen by the relevant teams for consideration. Keep the ideas coming!

Yes truly. So many people have asked for this feature for years. There are threads going back three years!

I have two bedside table speakers. And I can't set the same radio alarm for both at the same time? Why?

Just add groups to the alarm function!

I don’t understand why Sonos can’t address this - I had an office building that needs this feature and they have removed the Sonos products and gotten something else because this has not been fixed. This grouping feature is a very common thing for many smart home devices - similar to HUE lights, many custom grouping. I would use this in my home daily. I would like to set a time, music, and pick a group of speakers. Sonos - please make this feature available.