latest update

• 14 April 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Pop up on my app says update available. Looking at the “learn more “info it says current version is 16.1. I have 16.1 already with speakers and app. Is there something else new? 

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Your controller “build” is different from player builds. Perhaps you updated the players using a different controller, now this controller needs an update. Occasionally, SONOS might push out a different build for a controller or player. Update will know about this and behave appropriately. If the controller build is not appropriate, some options will be grayed out until the system is updated.

I recommend continuing with the update.

Just saw that the new update is 16.1.1… Peter Pee shows it in his latest video. 

Your controller “build” is different from player builds. Perhaps you updated the players using a different controller, now this controller needs an update. Occasionally, SONOS might push out a different build for a controller or player. Update will know about this and behave appropriately. If the controller build is not appropriate, some options will be grayed out until the system is updated.

I recommend continuing with the update.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Go to About My System and check the firmware level on each unit. A sleeping portable may have been offline during the last update.

Checked it all again and and everything shows 16.1 app and speakers. But it definitely says I have an update needed.. sample of what all my 15 speakers and app show 

Moderator edit: removed Sonos ID and serial numbers from pictures

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Yeah as Buzz said the version is still 16.1 but if you go to build you should see all products are 16.1.1, think it was a speaker update, hope this helps.

Go to About My System and check the firmware level on each unit. A sleeping portable may have been offline during the last update.