has there ever been a business with worse customer support?

• 9 June 2023
  • 9 replies

many, many times trying to get through.  Most recent today.  on joining i was told 20 minute wait - really? - now at 29’34’’ and beginning to lose the will to live.  regret buying the product when you have such lousy support.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Whilst this is a user community forum there are some quite helpful and knowledgeable folk on here, if you want to tell us your (Sonos) problem?

And the answer to the specific question is absolutely yes, many, many companies. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

many, many times trying to get through.  Most recent today.  on joining i was told 20 minute wait - really? - now at 29’34’’ and beginning to lose the will to live.  regret buying the product when you have such lousy support.

i’m sure we can solve it here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, Apple is worse and that is really saying something.

I lost nearly 4 hours today, in 2 separate interactions with customer support.  My will to live left about 2.5 hours ago.  
3 days ago, I could see all of my devices under “System”,  and a green dot net to “Upgrade”. I  was looking to use the 30% upgrade on a few things. Today, I didn’t see my devices on the app or website, nor is “Upgrade” visible.  But the devices worked fine when I called.   honestly, it seems like a simple fix. Nope… 

The CS person had me reboot, factory reset so many times things then didnt work.  Then tranfered me to someone else. Equally unhelpful.  Then told to call. Which I did. Person #3, got things back on line, after 1h45m.  And I STILL dont’ see the devices under “System”. I have to call Sales tomorrow to try and get the discount.  Seriously I wanted to give you more money Sonos though now I am not sure why...

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I always think you should speak as you find. In 7 years of owning quite a lot of Sonos speakers I’ve needed to speak to tech support once late last year and couldn’t be happier with the help I received.

Yes my experience has been the same as @Beagle’s post. I’ve called Sonos Support maybe 3 times in the past 8 years and each time the reported issue has been resolved I found the Staff I spoke to, both really helpful and understanding of the problems.

Sonos device discovery though, by a mobile controller device can be down to quite a few things, from multicast broadcasts not working across the different network segments, or between access points (particularly if wireless network repeaters are used in the local setup), or it can be security software on a controller not allowing the device discovery packets to succeed between the Sonos speakers and App (or between each other). I guess it can be a bit of a minefield if its network related and there are perhaps managed switches involved in the mix too aswell as multiple AP’s.

All usually solvable, of course, although it may involve changing some router/switch/AP settings, or perhaps adjusting some running apps/settings on the controller device.

@Ken_Griffiths sorry to reply in a non-relevant thread but one of your posts from last year was closed for adding comments. Do you still have the bug with no sound on Apple TV if your Xbox is on? I was going crazy until I saw your post and if I disable atmos on my Xbox, my Apple TV all of a sudden has sound again! But like you said, only in certain apps… the menu sounds always worked. 

@Ken_Griffiths sorry to reply in a non-relevant thread but one of your posts from last year was closed for adding comments. Do you still have the bug with no sound on Apple TV if your Xbox is on? I was going crazy until I saw your post and if I disable atmos on my Xbox, my Apple TV all of a sudden has sound again! But like you said, only in certain apps… the menu sounds always worked. 

Can you provide a link to the post please @Cliff123 - thanks.🙏