Skip to main content
Question

Giving up and want to return these speakers.

I had a support call almost three weeks ago, I have been dealing with the same problems for months, the community is no longer responsive to questions and issues, and now escalated support is completely flaking out.  I had a call scheduled for this morning to follow up and hopefully finally resolve but no one called.  There is a 30 minute estimated hold time on a call and I am number 12 in support chat.  I am tired of spending hours and hours trying to fix issues with your app that have always plagued my Sonos experience.  Your system sucks, and now your support sucks too!

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrendaLC 

Thanks for your post! And, apologies for the delay.

I was looking in to your case, and literally as I was doing so, spotted a colleague making a call to you. I hope they are able to reach you, and to help you. If you read this and still have not received a call, please let me know. Thanks.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Corry but too little too late.  I waited around for 30 minutes for this call that was scheduled at 8am, as soon as I gave up and walked away from my desk, then someone called.  It’s not reasonable to expect someone to wait for more than half an hour for your support for an appointment that was scheduled weeks ago. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrendaLC 

I see you were able to talk to someone at last - I’m sorry to hear they could not help you with your issue. I hope L3 will be able to, should you opt to continue.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks Corry, I’m not sure there is a resolution and not helpful that your level 3 support is also two weeks out for calls.  Level 2 shared it should be quick and not as long a wait but that is not true. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrendaLC 

I think it probably is normally true, but things are a little different these days due to increase volume of contacts. For what it’s worth, I am very surprised that issue you are having is going as high as L3 - I think that must be extremely unusual. 

Have you considered accessing your music library via a different route, in the meantime? You could use Plex locally or upload (for free) your music to YouTube Music by just clicking-and-dragging your folder onto their website, and then adding the respective service to your Sonos system.

I’ve also heard community users recommend ibroadcast.com to each other, but I am personally unfamiliar with it. Their website says it is free and has no ads, funded only by those who use the premium service tier. Again, there is a service for Sonos systems.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Thanks for the suggestions Corry - I gave YT Music a try and added the service to Sonos.  I created a test playlist in YT Music, but having the same issue with Sonos where I can select a source but then it shows as empty just like the music library path.  So, not sure what the point is in adding a web based service versus a local library - it’s basically the same experience and goes back to software that is problematic. 

Thanks for the suggestions Corry - I gave YT Music a try and added the service to Sonos.  I created a test playlist in YT Music, but having the same issue with Sonos where I can select a source but then it shows as empty just like the music library path.  So, not sure what the point is in adding a web based service versus a local library - it’s basically the same experience and goes back to software that is problematic. 

Sonos has recently revised it’s procedure for adding a local library to account for SMB v1 and http sharing no longer being supported.  See here for the new instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sonos has recently revised it’s procedure for adding a local library to account for SMB v1 and http sharing no longer being supported.  See here for the new instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

Thanks jgatie, are you saying you cannot add YT Music as a service as was suggested earlier by Sonos Staff?  The info on this link just looks like an endless circle of what I’ve already been doing and nothing works. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrendaLC 

I’m not entirely sure I understand what’s going wrong for you there, but I listen to YTM on Sonos on a daily basis without problems. I haven’t used YTM playlists before, but I just made one now and it showed in the Sonos app and played without issue.

I see you got an appointment for L3 - I think mentioning this to the agent you get will be very pertinent to the issue you are having. If you see the same behaviour on a music service as you do in music library, then something non-specific to the source is obviously going wrong for you - it seems the app is not loading sub-elements of the container being shown.

I hope they are able to help you.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @BrendaLC 

I’m not entirely sure I understand what’s going wrong for you there, but I listen to YTM on Sonos on a daily basis without problems. I haven’t used YTM playlists before, but I just made one now and it showed in the Sonos app and played without issue.

I see you got an appointment for L3 - I think mentioning this to the agent you get will be very pertinent to the issue you are having. If you see the same behaviour on a music service as you do in music library, then something non-specific to the source is obviously going wrong for you - it seems the app is not loading sub-elements of the container being shown.

I hope they are able to help you.

Thanks Corry, can you provide the steps you used for playing YT Music via Sonos?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @BrendaLC 

The steps? I added YTM to my Sonos system and typically just play the My Supermix playlist. If I want to play something specific, I search or browse for it. Playing is as simple as tapping on an item.

For the YTM Playlist, I used the YTM app to make the playlist, and it showed immediately under YTM » Library » Playlists in the Sonos app.

Have you tried a reset of the Sonos app at all? It may help with the issue you are having. Please go to User Icon (top right) » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset. The app will exit, and when you reopen it, it’ll be like the first time it was installed - skip past the introduction, Connect to an existing system, and sign in with your Sonos account.

I hope this helps.

I had a support call almost three weeks ago, I have been dealing with the same problems for months, the community is no longer responsive to questions and issues, and now escalated support is completely flaking out.  I had a call scheduled for this morning to follow up and hopefully finally resolve but no one called.  There is a 30 minute estimated hold time on a call and I am number 12 in support chat.  I am tired of spending hours and hours trying to fix issues with your app that have always plagued my Sonos experience.  Your system sucks, and now your support sucks too!

Sonos completely sucks! I would never recommend this product to anyone! I have 2 simple speakers and have constant connectivity issues, and Sonos Support is nowhere, nowhere to be found!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Oconnw 

Welcome to the Sonos Community! And, I’m sorry to hear of the issues you’ve been having.

Are your two speakers supposed to be configured as two different systems? Right now, they are, so you will never see both speakers in the app at the same time - the Sonos app can only speak to one system at a time, and when it finds one, it stops looking for others.

As your Roam is online and your One is not, I think the likely solution will be to factory reset the One, and add it to the system with the Roam while the app is connecting to the Roam. You may need to exit and reopen the Sonos app after resetting the One if it does not connect to your Roam, or even reset the app - User icon » App Preferences » Reset app » Reset. It is important that you opt to connect to an existing system after resetting the app. However - if you have playlists and favourites that only show when the app is communicating with the Sonos One, then you should reset the Roam instead, to avoid losing these.

I hope this helps.