FEATURE REQUEST - Being able to state the number of any particular speaker, on our profile

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It might be nice to be able to not only state on our Profiles which speakers we have, but also the numbers of each 😃

Just a thought…………………….

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

17 replies

Sorry, what number do you want spoken? Model number? I.e. ‘you have three Sonos Ones, two Sonos One SLs, and an Arc? Or are you wanting some other number to be read back to you?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Yeah just number of each like say - Sonos One SL = 4. That kind of thing lol

Would you want it to be ‘currently connected’ or ‘all time’, essentially the difference between the current controllers, both S1 and S2, and the information on your account at www.Sonos.com. And if the latter, did you think it should reflect trade in status, or even in use status? For instance, I still have several BRIDGEs associated with my account, I had registered them, but subsequently retired/recycled them. Because they didn’t get registered to another Sonos user, they’re permanently on my account. Should this verbal representation include them, even if they’re no longer connected?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

When I say Profile, I do mean the one on here, not our main Sonos one.

So on here, you can pick which items you have as you see fit. So just the ability to say how many of each - that’s all 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Put the speaker list in a signature?

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Good idea! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Would you want it to be ‘currently connected’ or ‘all time’, essentially the difference between the current controllers, both S1 and S2, and the information on your account at www.Sonos.com. And if the latter, did you think it should reflect trade in status, or even in use status? For instance, I still have several BRIDGEs associated with my account, I had registered them, but subsequently retired/recycled them. Because they didn’t get registered to another Sonos user, they’re permanently on my account. Should this verbal representation include them, even if they’re no longer connected?

I think you're not quite understanding the ‘ask’.  I don't think there's any ‘intelligence’ in what OP wants for updating/live info etc., just that when you click on someone's profile, instead of seeing what they have selected as products they own, they are able to say they have 3 Ones, 2 Arcs etc.

Because Sarah's is bigger than yours…. 😏

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I think you're not quite understanding the ‘ask’.  I don't think there's any ‘intelligence’ in what OP wants for updating/live info etc., just that when you click on someone's profile, instead of seeing what they have selected as products they own, they are able to say they have 3 Ones, 2 Arcs etc.

Because Sarah's is bigger than yours…. 😏

That is exactly the ask 😉 - and then maybe the true addicts (like myself), will really stand out haha!

This comes off as bragging I think.  Don’t want to speak for Sarah, but I don’t get the impression that was the intention.  The original idea of listing out products you own on your profile, as well as location, genre, etc, is for other people to get an idea of who you are if they are interested, not to brag.  Owning 20 amps is significantly different than owning 1 amp in terms of what sort of setup you have and what sort of knowledge you have with the Sonos amp.  

Put a different way, I would fill out quantities on my profile, if it was available.  I would even fill out more detail about what my setup looks like if the option was there (rooms, network, etc).  I’m not putting that info in my profile.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

It was defiantly not meant to be about bragging. It was more to say how extensive your set up was to maybe help others. Didn’t mean to open a can of worms so to speak…...

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Too late, the can is open now 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Haha, seems to be the case! Anyhow - it was not meant to be a bragging contest thing -  more just some further info that could be useful 

It was defiantly not meant to be about bragging. It was more to say how extensive your set up was to maybe help others. Didn’t mean to open a can of worms so to speak…...

I personally didn’t take these things as bragging in any shape, or form, I thought it was a worthwhile suggestion. I also would want to know other details like make/model of modem/router, any other wireless access points and any (managed/unmanaged) switches.

Those users who ask for help, just never think to share their system and network details and many initial community posts in a thread are spent asking/responding to questions in relation to these sort of things. Knowing some further ‘basic’ information from their online profile would be useful.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

@Ken_Griffiths  - good extra suggestions as yes, it could be useful in trying to help other folks out 

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Your can is bigger than mine! 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

You guys! 🤣