Enough already! Do some reading before posting! T5

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Don't people ever read the content of messages here?  There must be 100s of single one-off posts, each complaining about alarms, or network library access.   A 5 minute read of existing content will tell you what works, what doesn't and what you can do (essentially wait until Sonos provide fixes). 

Basic lesson to be drawn is don't leave automatic updates switched on 😁

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Honestly, the lesson learned from this is for Sonos and not to release this kind of update. Automatic updates are not at fault here, not at all.

Customers should be able to rely on updates not breaking their products in such a way that their systems break.

This was an absolute horrible way to handle your customers and I can fully understand that the users of this forum are frustrated by it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I agree with you, but yet another one-off post saying 'it doesn't work' is just thread clutter 😁

Let's hope Sonos get their a#s in gear and fix the mess or roll-back in short order. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Don't people ever read the content of messages here?  There must be 100s of single one-off posts, each complaining about alarms, or network library access.   A 5 minute read of existing content will tell you what works, what doesn't and what you can do (essentially wait until Sonos provide fixes). 

Basic lesson to be drawn is don't leave automatic updates switched on 😁

Castalla, no - flood the board, Reddit, customer service, and any emails for executive management. There is not excuse with the amount of functionality removed. It kills their ecosystem. Gone is Queue. Can’t add, edit, build, save or delete in Queue. Can’t Play Next, just interrupt current song with Replace Queue. While I built only a dozen Sonos Playlist by saving a Queue (use a headless Mac with iTunes Library workaround), those are gone as well. Imagine the customer who spent hours building or saving songs from streaming services into a Sonos Playlist - no regard for their time and effort. Kills trust moving forward to commit that time again. Mute function is gone - need to slide down and slide back each room to where (if you remember) the volume was. My Gen2 Amps and Ports HDMI to Apple TV can’t switch between TV sound and Music source (any source) - meaning I can’t have a game on TV with music playing while entertaining - it is either the announcers in sound or TV off to play music.  And yes, the killing of the Network Library Access in unforgivable - but so is all of the above. I have 20 active Sonos products that have turned into an iPod Shuffle good for streaming algorithms.