Dilemma question - please advise

• 2 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi all

So back in nov during the crazy Sonos sale, bought the arc at a discount of 809 usd. In the country that I’m in, the official Sonos goes for 1285 usd. The arc is sitting in the store as this was a purchase for the anticipation of my new house in q2 2024.

It’s considered brand new and now, there’s a buyer wanting to buy my arc for 1134usd.

Now, that’s where the dilemma lies. Should I:

A) sell and wait for arc 2. 😎 sell and wait for another arc 1 discount, essentially getting a bigger discount for arc 1. C) do nothing and focus on energy or something else like house renovation planning.

Thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @craigbrem, welcome to Sonos Community!

I am unable to assist you with this decision, all I can say is do what feels right to you.

What I did though with my response, your thread jumped to the top of the latest activity list, maybe another user can help you with your dilemma.

I hope this helps.

Arc 2 is a rumor, and not a very good one really.  Just looking at the history of rumors, it’s not uncommon for there to be false rumors, rumors that are only partially true, or that take years to turn in to an actual product rather than the current year.  As an example, headphones have been rumored for years now, yet they do not exist.  

It’s also quite possible that an Arc 2 is just a hardware upgrade with no actual changes in functionality or audio capabilities. This was the case with the Five.  Or an Arc 2 could be better than a regular Arc, but not within the price your willing to pay for it.

So, I personally would recommend you just keep what you have.  I wouldn’t be surpised if you can sell your Arc for near the price you bought it for in the event an Arc 2 comes out that you have to have anyway.

Arc 2: Maybe snazzy features, but the wait is real (and pricey?).

Arc 1 dip: Score extra cash, but missing out on soundstage might sting.

Hold tight:

Instant gratification: Enjoy the Arc, no "maybe later" blues.

Market watch: Future discounts? You'll be ready to pounce!

It's all about priorities: cash now, tech thrill later, or sweet soundbar serenades?