Customer "Service" is Unbelievably Awful!!!!!

• 19 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I currently own more Sonos products than I can count, at least 15 to the tune of probably $10k. They have been reliable for the most part and, in the past, when they were not, I simply called Sonos and the unit would be exchanged for a working one in a simple quick, understandable transaction. The last time I had an issue was several years ago.

Fast forward to the present. Without question, the absolute WORST customer service!!!!! I recently purchased 2 Roams. The charging wire on one of them was defective. I called Sonos to replace the wire. Very long story short, after over an hour on the phone which included the necessity of a video over my phone to show the defective wire, Sonos told me I would have the wire within 3 to 5 business days. 10 days later - nothing. I called again and spent more than 2 full frustrating hours on the phone with 3 different people 2 of which disconnected me and did not call back. All three representatives asked me  the same exact questions at least 10 times each and continuously put me on numerous 5 minute holds. Two full mornings of my life to get one charging wire replaced. A total waste of more than 3 hours of my life and absolutely the worst customer service experience of my life - and I have had many poor experiences.  Well, maybe I had an equally bad experience with Visio. Also, I do not see how wasting so much time on such a minor issue is cost effective for Sonos.

I originally purchased the Sonos products because they were a premium product with excellent customer service. I am always willing to spend a bit more for good service for a premium product. Sadly, it seems Sonos has lost it’s way. Sonos has gone the way of all companies these days, “sell the product and you're on you own - good luck.”  I have no intention of any future purchases of Sonos products.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

I wouldn’t waste MY time complaining about a charging cable, I’d simply replace it myself.

In retrospect I agree, however, I didn't think it was such a big deal to replace  a cable. Regardless, you are missing the point of my post.  If this is the process I had to deal with  regarding a relatively worthless cable,  I would not want to deal with this company again in regard to anything.