Clarify the upgrade program.

• 4 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Before I pull the trigger on this idea, I think I should perform due diligence first. Why?

Back in December 2022, I picked up what I thought was a Sonos Beem (Gen 2) from Amazon and later a Gen 3 sub for use on the Living room TV and Blu-ray in my apartment. When the Beam was automatically registered as part of my system, however, it reads as a Beam (Gen 1) in the Apps and on the website to this day.

I recently needed to check something via the website about my system and found the Sonos beam was eligible for upgrade via the upgrade program. I understand there is a discount toward a beam gen-2 for example.

This leads to my Question: as I understand it; I can keep my current Beam (gen 1) and get a true Bean (gen 2) at the upgrade price, correct?

Why? I have a failing soundbar in the bedroom (not a Sonos soundbar) so I could use the Beam (Gen 1) to replace it.

3 replies

Yes, you no longer have to return a speaker to use the discount. A discount feature is only available for a single consumption, however. If a Sonos device has been ‘used’ by someone else, there is a high chance that they will have already consumed the offer, make sure you check your account at www.sonon.com.

Badge

I have checked my account via the upgrade page; and my registered Beam (Gen 1) asks me to activate credit when selected. As far as new/used condition the associated Amazon order says condition New. Therefore, I believe the Unit was New NOT USED when i bought it and the credit has NOT been used yet. I presume Sonos used the registered Beams SN to determine if the unit is eligible for the discount or if the discount was already used; and the beams SN and the registered Beams SN match. is there a better way to verify this? Thanks.

Nope, I think you’re right on all assumptions. If the offer shows up, it’s yours to use.