Answered

both sonos speakers not showing up at the same time in my app

• 17 December 2023
  • 1 reply

Some help please...Why can't I see both my Sonos speakers (Ray and Beam) that are set up as different rooms at the same time on the app? I can only see one at a time. When I’m in one of the rooms, I see that one. When I move to the other room, I have to both press the power button on the speaker and refresh the app and then I can see the speaker in this room, but the other one has disappeared. I have set up and connected both of them. Both are connected to TV’s  and work fine with the TVs. I can play music from only one speaker at a time ..when the app is connected to that speaker at that time. I want to group the two speakers together so i can play music from them both simultaneously, but the ‘group’ button/tab appears as faded light grey so is therefore unselectable (I’m assuming this is because the app is only recognising one room and that I have one speaker connected). How do I get to see the two speakers at once and have the two rooms show up on my app at the same time? Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 December 2023, 05:52

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Sounds like you may have set them up as separate systems, rather than one system with two rooms. Pick whichever one you’re willing to wipe completely, and factory reset it. Go back in to your controller, and you should see the remaining one. Use the ‘Add a device’ function to add the second one to the same system. Once that’s done, you should be able to see both rooms in your controller, and group them for music streaming.