Amir measures the Sonos Five

• 16 January 2024
  • 5 replies

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sonos-five-smart-speaker-review.51409/

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @chicks 

Thanks for sharing!

Not sure why he stuck with the 2000ms Line-In delay if it was causing upset for his measurement process. Perhaps because it’s the default?

Not sure why he stuck with the 2000ms Line-In delay if it was causing upset for his measurement process. Perhaps because it’s the default?

He measures hundreds of devices, with no advertising or other compensation.  He doesn’t have  time to figure out the nuances of every device, so normally sticks with the defaults.  

I am not surprised at the endorsement of the SQ. Why can this not be called audiophile quality is just for unscientific reasons. I wish someone had told him to do true play tuning and run another series of tests thereafter - that may well have addressed the room node activation he refers to.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Many on there listen with their eyes… (graph shows therefore I hear it..)

(some real misinformation too (thankfully, eventually corrected))