Windows Controller: Quick volume control in task bar

• 30 May 2019
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • Trending Lyricist I
  • 16 replies
I am not sure if this has been proposed befrore, but I did not find any related threads.

I am running into the problem to quickly/easily adjust the Sonos volume from my Windows 10 computer (context: sound source via line-in). If I want to do this task, I need to launch the controller, wait a few seconds, then shift the mouse to the respective Sonos window, and adjust the volume. The aspect I dislike the most is that I need to open a window just in order to change the volume.

What I am suggesting is an icon next to the Windows system volume icon on the right side of the Windows task bar (next to the clock). When you click it, it should work exactely like the Windows system volume slider - an up/down slider for the Sonos volume -- potentially with multiple sliders representing multiple speakers and overall volume (and potentially let the user select which speakers appear in this menu, i.e. those speakers she/he controls frequently from that computer).

Thanks for considering this request! Cheers

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Without the app open that would be impossible. Why not set Sonos as a Start up app in windows and have it minimised in the background.

Now I can't speak for Sonos but given that they are cutting back on the functionality of the Windows and MAC desktop Apps i think this feature is highly unlikely. You are the first to request such a thing too.

Another option is a separate controller such as a Nuimo or iPort Express