Windows App UI constantly updates → blocks interaction

• 6 August 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’m playing a Spotify album. In the Windows app, the app/UI constantly refreshes (loading icon appears in the queue area every 2 seconds, time values and seek bar flash). That results in some flyout parts like the volume levels to close on their own, making them close to unusable.

I’ve made a short video better describing the problem: Screengrab Video

TIA,

-- Jakob

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Badge +17

Hi @flasunco,

I watched your video, and it seems like the Windows app is constantly checking your players for updates to their queue, causing the flickering and refreshing you’re seeing here. 

Does the same thing occur when there’s nothing in the player queue? Or when playing something that doesn’t require a queue, such as a radio station?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi James,

like any decent bug, I of course can’t reproduce it atm. I can tell you though that it doesn’t happen when the queue is empty, or when playing a radio station.

I’ll update this thread if/when it happens again.

Is the Roam on a wireless charger?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Is the Roam on a wireless charger?

Chances are good, given that it’s at 100% in the video, but in all honesty I can’t say for certain. I’ve just tried to recreate it with the Roam on a wireless charger, but it behaves normally.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

This is a total long-shot, but do you have a PhilipsHue hub on your network?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Yes, I do. I’m interested in how that could be connected

At any rate, I could now reproduce it, this time with Plex instead of Spotify, so the service doesn’t seem to matter. I had paused a song about an hour or so ago, and resumed it. All the while the Roam was on the wireless charger.

https://imgur.com/JiM0kwy

At around 15sec in the above video I took the Roam of its charger, and the updating behavior stopped with it. So @ratty, you seem to be on to sth.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Yes, I do. I’m interested in how that could be connected

Like I say, its a long-shot, but try powering the Hue down temporarily and see if it helps. If it does I will share my theory, if it doesn’t then my theory is bs and I’ll stay quiet.

There’s no doubt, for me, that the Hue system can interfere. I’m very careful in my home of not keeping any Hue device, including the hub, anywhere near a Sonos device. There’s just too much interference from the Zigbee process.

That being said, I do love my Hue lights. Not as much as my Sonos, mind you, but as long as both aren’t interfering with each other, they’re great. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Oh and I forgot to say: try my Windows app (see profile), I would be astounded if it had the same problem.