Answered

Will Sonos give me funding to buy either a Mac or windows pc as they no longer support Chromebook or will they like me to move to another sound system?

• 15 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Will Sonos give me funding to buy either a Mac or windows pc as the no longer support Chromebook or will they like me to move to another sound system?'

icon

Best answer by ratty 15 March 2021, 08:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Sonos have never supported Chromebook.

It has anyway worked om and og for years. It is a shame AS Chrome os is the fastest growing os

It has anyway worked om and og for years.

“om and og”? If you mean “on and off”, that’s precisely the problem. ChromeOS implements its network interface for Android apps in such a way that local communications can’t be guaranteed, so the Sonos controller sometimes works but at other times fails to connect or update. I struggled with it for quite some time before giving up.

Returning to the original subject line, Sonos has never supported ChromeOS so, no, I’m afraid you’ll have to find some other justification and funding for buying a new machine.