Answered

why is Sonos showing as iphone on lockscreen.

• 12 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

I don’t have any compatible airplay devices yet today my Sonos content which I’ve started from the Sonos app randomly shows up in lock screen with full volume control. Did I miss an update or am I stupid?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 13 June 2021, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

That sounds more like an iOS issue than a Sonos issue. If you do a hard reboot of the phone, can you reproduce the issue?

Userlevel 7

@RAMQFTW If you have Lock Screen Controls enabled in the Sonos app, that is what you are supposed to see on the Lock Screen. You can disable this feature under App Preferences.

Badge +4

I do have that enabled.  
strangely today it’s not working 

I’m curious as to why this is so haptic

i want lock screen controls but I thought you needed airply2 devices in order to have lock screen functionality 

something is off with on iOS airplay or Sonos 

Userlevel 7

From Sonos:

Lock screen controls will not appear in the following scenarios:

• A non-Sonos AirPlay capable device is present.
    • Disable the AirPlay feature on all non-Sonos AirPlay endpoints to allow lock screen controls to appear when using Sonos.
  • Another app on the device is playing music or video.
  • While connected to a Bluetooth audio device.
  • VoiceOver is enabled.
  • Headphones are connected to the iOS device.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3381?language=en_US

If lock screen control does not show after following the above from GuitarSuperstar, try force closing and restarting the Sonos app.