Why is Sonos 9.0 so deceitful? No lock screen

• 14 July 2018
  • 7 replies

Sonos 9.0 removes the ability to control volume from the lock screen but doesn’t tell you before upgrading. How do I revert?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
Hmm, I don’t seem to have that problem (iPhone X iOS 11.4.1). Mine works as long as you lock the screen with either the music app or controller app open.
You can get the lock screen back if you turn off airplay on all your non Sonos devices, like Apple tv or sky q, then restart the app on your iPhone.

You cannot go back to aprevious version of Sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge
You can get the lock screen back if you turn off airplay on all your non Sonos devices, like Apple tv or sky q, then restart the app on your iPhone.

This is odd. I’ve got airplay going right now from Spotify to two Ones. No issues with volume on lock.
I believe it's actually airplay doing the lockscreen in your scenario @Pirate. Not sonos.
Userlevel 2
Badge
Oh. Interesting. Is there a way to tell?
Not that I'm aware of.

This is odd. I’ve got airplay going right now from Spotify to two Ones. No issues with volume on lock.

You are most probably looking at the Spotify App lock-screen controls in this instance. It’s a similar thing, if you play audio from the Apple Music App and presumably many other Apps too.

It’s just the Sonos App that’s not currently working at the moment where there are other non-Sonos AirPlay devices on the LAN.

My guess is Sonos will eventually bring this lock-screen feature back, but it would not surprise me if Apple are going to do some further development work on the lock screen in the not too distant future. The screen controls need to be improved for multi-room audio for the HomePod anyway, I think.