Answered

Where had Trueplsy gone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Opened my Sonos app in my garden room started playing music and was confronted with a boomy mess. Sounded like Trueplay had been turned off.

Turns out Trueplay is not only off but shows as if it had never been set up.  So I tuned the room again.  That worked but it will not show the option to turn Trueplay on or off. Rebooted all the speakers, tried again but although the tuning completes it does not show in the room.

diagnostic 1231198605

Excuse the title typo, courtesy of Apple autocorrect 

icon

Best answer by bockersjv 2 August 2021, 12:58

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

Not an issue I’ve seen reported before, but perhaps see if an ‘App reset’ fixes the issue for you. ‘Settings/App Preferences’ and reconnecting it back to the existing system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Thanks Ken, Tried that and still no joy.  Can do an Trueplay action wafting around the room. Completes but still not showing as having been set up for the room and can’t be selected  

Very frustrating as the sub just drowns out the room now and sounds awful. One other room also affected.  All speakers on the same version too.

Some further thoughts/suggestions, whilst perhaps waiting to see if Staff (or others) may comment on your issue… 

Are any other ‘similar’ toggle button options missing in your Sonos App, such as the ‘Loudness’ toggle button in the room EQ settings?.. just wondering if it’s perhaps something related to the buttons displaying on screen on the mobile device you’re using?

If you perhaps have another mobile/tablet to hand, to maybe see if the missing button(s) are showing up on that other device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Ken

i love IT problem solving, it’s part of my job. So I’ve tried different phones, tablets, and even android devices. Router restarts etc. All other options/settings work as expected.  

it’s an odd one. No changes had been made and the only reason i noticed was the truly awful sound. It was reminiscent of turning off trueplay, then was amazed too find the option the option not even there. 

The fact that retuning works but is not stored is the puzzle. And also why not all rooms?

Ah okay @bockersjv - agree it is a strange one and hope you’re able to get it sorted soon.👍

Things to try:

Go to About My System and make sure that everything is using the same Build.

Uninstall and reinstall the controller.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yep. Checked that and also checked for updates. All speakers on the same build and aa controllers on the same version. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Full router reset. All devices power cycled. 

Trueplay completed successfully on both iPhone and ipad but still does not show for the room. 

Very frustrating. 

Likely we’ll need to wait until Monday for someone to look at that diagnostic. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @bockersjv, thanks for raising this with the community!

I had a quick look at the diagnostic and I’m not seeing any obvious causes jumping out at me - however I do notice that all of the speakers in question have their Wireless cards disabled, and are wired through what looks like a switch. If you have a wireless signal in the location, would it be possible to test enabling the Wireless cards, removing the Ethernet connections, and then rebooting each speaker in the room? Is there any sign of the Trueplay menu after doing so?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Xander, will try that. Just a note that the Trueplay menu is always visible but never shows that Trueplay has been performed even after having been done successfully.

So enabled wifi, rebooted all speakers, unplugged lan cables.  Speaker showing as WM1.  Performed Trueplay again and completed successfully but again still does show as complete on the Trueplay screen.

I don’t see why the previous Trueplay setting had been erased either?

I did also do a full restart of my router and all the switches on the Lan.

Anyway,  here’s the latest Diagnostic, in case it helps  1999620175

iOS version 14.7.1 iPhone 12Pro.  Also tried on and iPhone 11 iOS 14.6 and 2018 iPad Pro.  Same result.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Thanks for trying that @bockersjv, still no real clues in the diagnostic, though it does look like the right speaker in the pair has dropped off.

At this stage it may be best to reach out to the Support Team via live chat or phone call so they can take a closer look, and if necessary have the diagnostics examined by some senior engineers.

Let us know how you get on :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Now resolved, with comprehensive help from Adrian on the support chat tool.

We ended up factory re-setting each speaker in turn and adding back into system. Once stereo pairing and added the sub I was able to perform a Trueplay that showed in the Trueplay screen as selectable. 

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.  But thank you especially Xander and AdrianK at the support centre for solving this. First time I’ve had to do a factory reset of those speakers. 

Now have bass without the boom again 😎