When starting Sonos S2 App, why do I need to adjust each speaker's volume for them to turn on?

• 13 October 2020
  • 1 reply

When starting the Sonos S2 app, all the speakers used to play in unison. Now, in order for them to play music, I’d have to click the main volume button and individually adjust the volumes for each of the speakers. Why is this happening now? Was there a system update that affected this? I have 10+ speakers with a boost system in the middle of all of them.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @1031CF.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post here outlining your concern, let me help and try to figure this out.

To better understand, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app when the issue occurs, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system as well as the status of the devices, it will also help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

I’m looking forward to assisting you further from here.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out,  we are always here to help.