Version 9.3 update - playbar and amp missing

• 30 November 2018
  • 16 replies

The recent 9.3 update required me to unplug all of my Sonos products and add them one at a time, to avoid the useless "error 30". However, I am now unable to re-add one playbar and one amp, both of which were working perfectly fine until the update. I submitted diagnostic #2117542868.
Previous updates have been a pain, but in two years of ownership of a professionally-installed system I've never loss the use of speakers after an update.
I have rebooted my router, and none of the MAC addresses or assigned IP addresses are duplicated in the network. I work in I.T. so managing a network is not new to me, but these constant issues with updates is making me reconsider my choice of hardware.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have exact same issue. Update this morning has knocked me back to setting up as a new system. And now speakers won’t add. Why would they release an update so flawed?!? I’m mad right now
All of my speakers are gone also after the 9.3 update. iOS App says need to add all of them back from scratch, and nothing is usable, nor can I add anything back. This is what I get for allowing Sonos to do automatic updates? Activated overnight auto-updates last night against my better judgement, and woke up this morning to a dead system. Sonos - GET THIS FIXED QUICKLY.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hello, all. Thank you for raising this with us.

Bass_Drummer, I'm afraid your diagnostic came up blank. Would you please reboot your router and devices then try adding your components again? If still struggling, please provide a further diagnostic. Following the reboot, this should be possible and the report will likely be populated with some information.

Hi, gcg, Hello again, DFBK. Can you each try the following:

If your system has a device cabled to the router: Please try replacing the Ethernet cable to your wired component. Following this, unplug your other players for 5 seconds each. Plug them back in and wait a minute or so. They should then appear in-app once more.
If your system was completely wireless: Please temporarily wire a single player to the router via Ethernet. Following this, unplug your other players for 5 seconds each. Plug them back in and wait a minute or so. They should appear in-app once more. Once they do, on your mobile device, go to your Sonos app. Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup. Enter your password. Everything should go back to normal.

If not, please update me here. Many thanks.
Badge
Good morning,
I have just updated my sonos to 9.3 and I lost 7 rooms... I can only see my office from the app (iOS, MacOS and windows 10)
I tried several things:
- Rebooting my all system (router, access point etc.)
- Unplug my speakers but for some of them it's not possible because my system is wall mounted etc.
- Reset my controller
- Try to setup the system as new but I can not add the speakers (orange flashing)

Please help it's really frustrating, everything worked perfectly before this update! I have 20 Sonos devices and for now only 1 work.

I submitted diagnostic #441300904
Thank you Edward - these steps fixed the problem here. Your help and fast response was much appreciated. That said - very frustrating that such a time consuming overhaul was necessary and the result of a sonos update.
Hello, all. Thank you for raising this with us.

Bass_Drummer, I'm afraid your diagnostic came up blank. Would you please reboot your router and devices then try adding your components again? If still struggling, please provide a further diagnostic. Following the reboot, this should be possible and the report will likely be populated with some information.

Hi, gcg, Hello again, DFBK. Can you each try the following:

If your system has a device cabled to the router: Please try replacing the Ethernet cable to your wired component. Following this, unplug your other players for 5 seconds each. Plug them back in and wait a minute or so. They should then appear in-app once more.
If your system was completely wireless: Please temporarily wire a single player to the router via Ethernet. Following this, unplug your other players for 5 seconds each. Plug them back in and wait a minute or so. They should appear in-app once more. Once they do, on your mobile device, go to your Sonos app. Settings, Advanced Settings, Wireless Setup. Enter your password. Everything should go back to normal.

If not, please update me here. Many thanks.
Thanks for the response, Edward R. I just submitted diag #2124061126, and will try a few more things this evening.
Rebooting my controller one last time and then performing the update resolved my issue, This is the last update I'll do until I see from the forums that Sonos has determined how to test updates on real-world systems before foisting them on the public.
I have exact same issue. Update this morning has knocked me back to setting up as a new system. And now speakers won’t add. Why would they release an update so flawed?!? I’m mad right now
Same problem here. I have 13 speakers connected. It happened with the previous uodate, where it was recommended to update them all, unplugging them one at a time and re-booting them. Very frustrating, and took about 70 minutes. Having to do this again after auch a short period of time is a real dissapointment. Sonos - please get your act together and perform adequate testing before releasing an update “that fixes bugs”. You have a fantastic product that is starting to have too many flaws.
Userlevel 2
Yes update 9.3 has broken it gor me. Cant add music services as its greyed out. 50% of settings are also greyed out.

This is the first time an update has been so poor.
Same here. What the hell, why have I to be forced to update a system that is working and have all my rooms and devices offline and unusable?
I pay for a device AND a service, what is this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Updates used to be hell for me until I followed a suggestion here to set static/reserved IP addresses for all my Sonos devices. The pain was greatly reduced! This update went into my 10 Sonos system with no issues.
Updates used to be hell for me until I followed a suggestion here to set static/reserved IP addresses for all my Sonos devices. The pain was greatly reduced! This update went into my 10 Sonos system with no issues.

Static or reserved? You made a dhcp reservation or there is a way to set a stati IP on every sonos device?
Thank you for suggestion.
Userlevel 1
Badge
I am getting nowhere. I’ve reset controller, Ethernet to boost, Ethernet to router...nothing. Right now this whole system is garbage to me. Please connect with me directly to resolve
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
gcg, you are posting in a user to user forum and none of us are going to be contacting you directly. Someone from Sonos may be by to look at posts here on Monday and may or may not see yours.

I'd recommend you contact Sonos support by one of their options and get assistance there, twitter and facebook are available and staffed 24x7, they respond to e-mail within 24 hours, phones will be open Monday or just hope your post is seen and they contact you.