Using a stereo pair for surround sound

• 26 December 2017
  • 2 replies

We have a stereo pairing of Sonos Ones in our kitchen, which is an open space connected to our living room where we recently placed a sound bar. We would like to now reconfigure those Ones to be the surround sound speakers paired to the sound bar. What is the easiest way to reconfigure these to work in that capacity?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

This might help:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2938/~/setting-up-surround-sound-with-the-sonos-playbar-or-playbase
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
I have a preference question for anyone who would like to answer it. This morning I switched my two Play 1s from a "Stereo Pair" to "Surrounds". I then played the TV, a BluRay and a music CD to test the sound and made adjustments in the SONOS App: Full vs ambient, music and TV levels...etc. I'm not so sure that I find it a big improvement over having them as a Stereo Pair but, I was curious what others like? Most of our viewing is cable TV followed by music from our computer. Note: My model of TV cannot re-encode Dolby 5.1 so, I'm going PCM and it's showing as "stereo" on my Playbar "Settings' in the App.