Question

Updated to iOS 11, now sonos does not work

• 13 December 2017
  • 3 replies

I updated my iPad to iOS 11, now my Sonos cannot find the network. Help please!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Correction iOS 11.2
Hmm, I've not had any issues in my setup. Have you tried a hard reboot of the iPad? Do you have another device that you can use to control Sonos, say your PC/Mac, or iPhone? i.e. it would be nice to remove as many variables as possible, if we can prove that the Sonos system is working using another controller, then we know the issue is something with the connection on the iPad or the app. If another controller also can't connect to the Sonos device(s), then we know that there's an issue in the controller reaching your Sonos.

How is your Sonos set up? Is it connected to your wifi, or do you have a device wired to your router?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
It is common for iOS devices to lose proper network connectivity because of IP address conflict when updating iOS.

Go into your iPad and to your apple settings...wifi. Click on your home network info and tell the iPad to forget your home network.

Reboot your router and reboot your ipad.

Go into ipad and add back your home wifi in apple settings.

That should clear up the issue.