Question

Update 9.3 issues

• 30 November 2018
  • 7 replies

I updated my system composed of two paired one’s and the moment that finished sound stopped coming out of one pair and the controller now just continually says I need to check for updates. It does that, says no updates are available, then goes back to the screen saying check for updates. No chance/ability to repair and tune, what gives?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

What device is your controller on? What operating system is running on that device? Have you also updated the software on the speakers themselves? What version of the controller are you now running? Have you tried deleting the controller from your device, and downloading a fresh copy, since all of the data is stored on the speaker? You'd want to "Connect to existing system" if you wanted to do that.
Badge
Had similar issue a while back. If you’re using Apple device be sure you’ve installed latest IOS update. That solved my problem
I've tried update via Windows 10 and via Apple device. Won't work. Says an Amp and a speaker not connected, reconnect and then it disconnects them on retry. I HATE the glitchy software -- always problems with updates. Expecting 20 people for pre-garme tailgate on SEC Championship Saturday and the Sonos won't work throughout the house.
Badge
have you tried rebooting the router? sometimes the get funny, especially FIOS. occasionally i find my signal strength weak amongst other snail issues. i turn it off, unplug from outlet, wait 1 minute and reconnect. sometimes that does the trick. good luck
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I keep adding this to update faliure posts hoping it helps someone:

Updates used to be hell for me until I followed a suggestion here to set static/reserved IP addresses for all my Sonos devices. The pain was greatly reduced! This update went into my 10 Sonos system with no issues.
Controller running on Mac OSX10.14.2. One Sonos 1 pair, Sonos 3 & Sonos 1 in 3 rooms. Pair and Sonos 3 on wifi with single Sonos 1 on ethernet. Also Zone Bridge directly connected to Virgin Hub.
Currently on v9.3. but controller recommends update to v 10, but it loops into a problem. Usual problem is that I can't connect to system from Android app. Rebooting router usually provides temporary solution, but its down more than its up. Never had such problems before.
Don't know how to set static Its, but there doesn't appear to be any conflict.
Controller running on Mac OSX10.14.2. One Sonos 1 pair, Sonos 3 & Sonos 1 in 3 rooms. Pair and Sonos 3 on wifi with single Sonos 1 on ethernet. Also Zone Bridge directly connected to Virgin Hub.
Currently on v9.3. but controller recommends update to v 10, but it loops into a problem. Usual problem is that I can't connect to system from Android app. Rebooting router usually provides temporary solution, but its down more than its up. Never had such problems before.
Don't know how to set static Its, but there doesn't appear to be any conflict.
The Sonos Bridge is quite an old device these days and runs on an older version of SonosNet. Occasionally it can have AC power fluctuation issues with its original power adapter, so perhaps consider upgrading that device to a Boost, or if possible cabling a speaker to your LAN instead. I think that may help to solve your issues.

By the way there are some useful 'how to' videos on YouTube for reserving IP addresses in the DHCP Reservation Table with virgin super hubs.