Question

UPDATE 8.1.1 Just broke my system!

• 2 November 2017
  • 9 replies

I have just updated my Play 3 with update 8.1.1, now nothing will play, I can not add anything to queue, either on my dest top or mobile app. Are songs aware of this issue? Any help would be greatly appriecated.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

I too have a problem with 8.1.1. It updated OK on iOS, but when I tried to update my Windows 10 desktop to 8.1.1 the program just exited and did not perform the update. I can still use the older version 8.1 on my Windows desktop to control my Play 5.
Connection problems which appear suddenly are often caused by network problems, not Sonos problems. The typical cause is duplicate IP addresses. These often show up after an update or power outage because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of current IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device. To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next. Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup. See your router manual for details.
Badge
I too have an issue with the latest update. I updated Sonos on my Surface Pro PC, works fine. Tried to update on my iPad Mini (Gen 4) and it goes in a loop ie: Sonos needs update/ connect to apple store? / Open Sonos App /Update now / Sonos Needs update/ Go to Apple Store / open Sonos/ update now/ sonos need update/go to apple store etc etc. Never gets an update. Also tried to update on my gen 5 iPOD touch, at first it froze up and sonos ap would not load, after re-setting the modem I was able to update the sonos ap on the iPod Touch. the only one that will not update is is the app for the iPad Mini.
I did manage to resolve my issue due to jgatie's advice. I rebooted my router, then rebooted my desktop and tried the update again, and this time it worked fine.
Badge
Yea, did not work for me on the iPad app, maybe iTunes does not yet have the updated application? I don't know yes I re-booted everything. still no update on the iPad. iPod Touch worked fine and windows PC worked just fine.
I did manage to resolve my issue due to jgatie's advice. I rebooted my router, then rebooted my desktop and tried the update again, and this time it worked fine.
Same here...
I too have a problem with 8.1.1. It updated OK on iOS, but when I tried to update my Windows 10 desktop to 8.1.1 the program just exited and did not perform the update. I can still use the older version 8.1 on my Windows desktop to control my Play 5.
8.1.1 made all the devices that I upgraded it to not recognize services passwords even after several attempts. I fortunately did not upgrade one of my desktops and it is still fully functional. I am going to try to downgrade to 8.1 but that may be very difficult for my Iphone and Ipad.:@
Updated successfully to 8.1.1 from my iMac. AFTER that Sonos recognized the new ONE i was trying to add to my network. Did have an issue from iPhone upgrading to 8.1.1 on iPhone sonos app and syncing/ adding new ONE to network via phone...interesting that iPhone was telling me that I needed to upgrade to 8.1.1 but “ was not yet available” in the Apple store.