Question

Unable to rearrange songs in queue - iOS 13.3

• 23 December 2019
  • 27 replies

Userlevel 1

All of a sudden I’m no longer able to rearrange the songs in queue from my iPhone or iPad.   I’m able to add songs from my library and select “add to end of queue” or “play next”, but once they are added, I’m unable to adjust the order.  Normally I can tap and hold a song and move it up or down in the queue, that option is gone - all I can do is delete songs.   :(   My Sonos and iOS software are both up to date.  I am still able to rearrange songs on my Mac but it was so convenient to be able to do it from my phone - this was one of my favorite features of the Sonos app.  Am I missing something?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I’m having the same issue. I’m new to Sonos and was unpleasantly surprised that I wasn’t able to rearrange the Queue. I’m using an iPhone as the controller.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Same here. What’s going on?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I’ve realised I can still reorder songs in the iPhone app queue (v.10.6) by pressing and holding the right hand edge of a song; it’s just that the usual three horizontal lines no longer show. This bug doesn’t appear to be affecting the Android controller app, which still shows the three-line icon as usual. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Then edit lines are there on iOS but VERY feint. You can see them with the brightness on full. Annoying though. I have fed this back. 

Huh, you’re absolutely correct. I hadn’t looked till now, but my, they’re extremely faint. I really had to let my eyes adjust before I could see them. 

Userlevel 1

Got it!  Yep, I usually have the brightness turned way down on my phone so I didn’t see them and I guess I never quite tapped in the right place.  Thanks xenarthra!

Came here to report this exact issue. Pretty much a big UI fail. 

Same issue here on iPad OS 13.3

Agreed!! Discovered the problem New Years even night during a big party. Couldn’t move anything or reorder. Who tests this the UX??? This was NOT well designed. Please fix. 

Please note that there is an “answer” on this thread, you can indeed modify your playlists, it is just difficult to see the UI element to click on. 

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but when I’m looking at my queue and hold down on a song to try to move it, it just brings up options for that specific song. There’s no way to move anything around and I don’t believe I’ve ever had that option. Would be an awesome feature if it functioned that way (like Spotify). 

For reference, I’m also using an iPhone 10R

@Poperday Thanks for the post and welcome to the Community!

It seems like you are tapping the options selection to the right of the song. Is that the case?

If so, try to tap and hold the song title left·ward to ensure that you do not tap the settings of the queue.

If this doesn’t work, please let me know and i’ll be happy to take a look further.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response! If I tap the 3 dots to the right or if I hold down on a song, the same options menu is brought up for that song. I tried tapping and holding at multiple points on the song title, but the same menu pops up. i apologize if I’m missing something obvious. 

In case I’m not being super clear, here’s a video of what I’m trying to do, but on Spotify. The rearranging part I’m looking to do in Sonos is around 1:45  

I think I understand the confusion now. After some testing on our iPad controllers. It seems that only playlists are directly able to be rearranged. You are able to save the current queue as a playlist and edit it using the provided button. I found on my controller that this was the only way I was able to edit tracks in a set formation. 

I would be happy to take this feedback for additional configurability with the queue and send it up the pipelines within Sonos.

Well I’m glad I wasn’t just missing something obvious! Thank you for your responses and taking this feedback. Hopefully it ends up helping the community by adding new functionality for us to enjoy :)

I’m not sure if I’m doing something wrong, but when I’m looking at my queue and hold down on a song to try to move it, it just brings up options for that specific song. There’s no way to move anything around and I don’t believe I’ve ever had that option. Would be an awesome feature if it functioned that way (like Spotify). 

For reference, I’m also using an iPhone 10R

You have to click “Edit” first before trying to hold down on the song’s name.

The reorder function has been a feature for years. I can assure everyone in this thread that you just need to hold on to right side of track. You will feel a hepatic click and you can re-order. 😀

I think the issue is that it used to be very obvious how to re-order songs in queue as you could actually see the 3 horizontal bars on the right side when you clicked “Edit”.  Now the bars are so faint they are almost invisible.  I couldn’t see them until I read this thread.  When I squint just right they are visible.  Hardly an elegant UI, perhaps Sonos should simply restore their original visibility.

I think I understand the confusion now. After some testing on our iPad controllers. It seems that only playlists are directly able to be rearranged. You are able to save the current queue as a playlist and edit it using the provided button. I found on my controller that this was the only way I was able to edit tracks in a set formation. 

I would be happy to take this feedback for additional configurability with the queue and send it up the pipelines within Sonos.

This is not correct. Read the other answers. You can still very much rearrange the queueq. It’s basically just a UI fail. Please fix it.

Still no fix to the UI… cannot be that hard?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Well once you know they are still there it’s not difficult to see and use them.  The function still works.

Well once you know they are still there it’s not difficult to see and use them.  The function still works.

True. But having puzzled over what happened to the apparently missing functionality for a while, and thinking I was going slightly mad, it is only because I happened to find this thread that I know they are there. A good UI should not require a google search - it should be obvious to a user..,

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Agree but I’m guessing they are incorporating it into the big S1 and S2 change in a few days time.  An interim fix would be too costly in time and resource.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Agree but I’m guessing they are incorporating it into the big S1 and S2 change in a few days time.  An interim fix would be too costly in time and resource.

If true, this implies this simple fix will never make it to the frozen S1 controller, which is ridiculous. Suggest using a third party controller app, such as SonoPhone/SonoPad.

I’d think surely that there’s an update involved to a new S1 app, and not just a continuation of the current app?