Question

Unable to connect to device, try again later when trying to control Beam or One or group of speakers

• 4 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Regularly when opening the Sonos S2 app on my Android Pixel 2 XL, I open it to just adjust the volume, skip a song, change the music, add a speaker to a group or remove one and I’m met with a very regular issue where the app shows me correctly what’s playing, but trying to do any of the above doesn’t cause anything to happen, and i’m then met with a popup message that says “Unable to connect to device, try again later” even though it’s clearly able to see what is playing, and the current volume state of each speaker, and the group configuration of speakers. To resolve this I often have to force close and reopen the Sonos S2 app anywhere between 1 and 5 times before I can get control over my devices.

Edit: Ironically, tried to submit diagnostics reports and that failed the first 4 times. The 5th worked and the diagnostics code is 986794701.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @james.vanrossum.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

Is their other controller that's having the same error message when using the Sonos application?

Are there any other electronic devices near the Sonos Beam that can cause wifi interference?

This is more likely wifi interference try to follow these steps in the like.

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.